Mr. Ortiz is the Chief Operating Officer for ADVANTEC Consulting Engineers.
Mr. Ortiz has extensive experience managing Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) projects for numerous agencies throughout California. He has 31 years of experience, exclusively in the field of ITS and traffic engineering. Through his current projects, Mr. Ortiz is assisting agencies to understand the Connected Vehicles and Autonomous Vehicles markets so they can make better decisions on current and future ITS deployments.
Mr. Ortiz is a member of the Board and Past-President of the Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) Western District. Mr. Ortiz also serves on the Board at ITS California, where he serves as the Outreach Chair for Connected California Committee and ITS California.
This month, Mr. Ortiz was appointed by ITE’s current International President on a national committee for ITE where he will be leading the re-branding of ITE integrating Connected/Autonomous Vehicles, Big Data, and ITS.
Mr. Ortiz graduated with a BS in Civil Engineering from California State Polytechnic University, Pomona.
Mr. Ortiz holds a Civil Engineering license in the states of California and Arizona. He is also registered as a Traffic Engineer in the State of California and he is certified as a Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE).
- School of Civil Engineering Industry Advisory Council (IAC), California State Polytechnic University,Pomona
- Board Member & International Director, ITE International (visit site)
- ITE International Board of Direction
- TSMO Council
- Transportation Consultant Council
- Advocacy CommitteeNomination Committee
- Board Member, ITS California (visit site)
- ITS CA Board of Direction
- ITS CA Partnership Chair
- ITS CA Southern Section Chair
- ITS CA Annual Conference Committee
- Past-President and Board Member, ITE Western District (visit site)
- ITE Western District Board of Direction
- LAC – Hawaii 2020
- LAC – Palm Springs 2022
- Past-President, Orange County Traffic Engineering Council (OCTEC)
- Past-President, ITE Southern California Section
- Past-President, ITE Riverside-San Bernardino Section
- Past-President, ASCE YMF Orange County