City of Ontario – Transportation Systems Communication (TSC) Master Plan
- Conducted an inventory of existing ITS infrastructure within City;
- Conducted a needs analysis of the future ITS needs;
- Evaluated the ‘Concept of Operations’;
- Developed conceptual design of the Traffic Management Center (TMC);
- Developed conceptual design of field infrastructures such as CCTV, signals, bus priority, CMS, kiosks, traveler information system, incident management system, etc;
- Developed an implementation plan and program; and Developed cost estimates
The City of Ontario commissioned ADVANTEC Consulting Engineers to develop a Transportation Systems Communication (TSC) Master Plan to guide the design and implementation of an advanced system (ITS) to dynamically manage transportation. This Master Plan serves as the long-range blueprint for current and future transportation systems communication. The Master Plan identified specific projects and their deployment to address transportation systems communication needs and objectives. This project provided the City of Ontario with a strategy to maximize the efficiency of its existing infrastructure while performing the necessary steps to build additional infrastructure, where needed. A conceptual design of the Traffic Management Center (TMC) and the field equipment was performed leading to development of capital and recurrent costs, as well as staffing.